For those who would like to try their hand at homemade Thieves hand soap instead of buying the soap or refills. The optional vitamin E oil or glycerin helps with dryness. If you want it to be most like the Thieves soap, you might want to also add a drop or two of lemon.
How to Make Foaming Hand Soap
- Obtain a bottle of liquid castile soap (I recommend Dr. Bronners brand, Baby Mild scent).
- Reuse an old foaming soap dispenser, or purchase a new one.
- Add 2-3 Tablespoons of liquid castile soap to the bottom of your dispenser.
- Add 5 or so drops of Thieves (Young Living blend) essential oil or the oil of your choice.
- Add 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerin or a few drops of vitamin E oil (optional).
- Fill with filtered water; slowly!
- Shake gently, to combine. Pump the pump a couple of times to get the foaming started.